Thursday, November 18, 2010

Human Nature

I realize I just posted something...But these thoughts keep churning in my mind, and I feel the need to share.
People always have someone or something to blame so as not to be viewed as inadequate or inferior. We are always coming up with excuses and reasons (outside ourselves) as to why we performed poorly. Example: My boyfriend Aaron. Obsessed with video games. Whenever he dies: "Goddamn campers," "This lag is ridiculous!," "He's using a modded controller," "Fuckin' n00b tubers!," among many, many others. I can't only site him as an example though. I'm guilty of it as well. Using work as an excuse for poor schoolwork, using my "busy" schedule as an excuse for painful test scores, using school and work as excuses for neglecting friendships. We all do it. We, as a species, have a natural tendency to not own up to our short-comings. What if we all took full responsibility for our actions (or lack there-of)? What if we turned our "Goddamn campers" into "Darn it, I wish I had checked in that corner! I'll be more cautious next time!"?
I'm going to attempt this. I urge you, if anyone is reading this, to do the same. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Do you feel its important to address?
Its becoming such a sleepy smile...:)
Alexandria

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love obscure movies, random music, road trips, and SMILING :D